Network switch equipment selection (campus network)Reference factors:
1. Confirm hierarchical network architecture and topology, core, aggregation, and access;
2. Confirm the subsystem network: internal and external network (including WIFI AC + AP mode), intelligent network, monitoring network, video intercom, IPPBX and other subsystems where to use network equipment, whether several subsystems can be merged, whether need physical isolation; whether it is gigabit to the desktop, or hundreds of megabytes to the desktop.
3. Confirm the network scale of each subsystem, and how many points, including the number of internal and external network points, the number of APs, the number of monitoring, the number of intercom extensions, the number of IP phones, the number of RCUs, and the number of IPTVs;
4. Does the AP, monitoring, intercom extension, IP phone, etc. need POE power supply or power supply through the POE injector; what is the power requirement?
5. Confirm the basic bandwidth requirements of each subsystem, especially the single-point bandwidth requirement of the surveillance camera, and the bandwidth required for video recording;
1. Access layer
1) Select different types of switches according to link type: 100M or Gigabit switch
2) Select POE or non-POE switch according to the type and number of terminals connected to the switch.
3) The POE switch should also consider the maximum POE output power of the switch. Different types of POE switches have different output powers, so it is necessary to select switches with different POE output power according to the maximum power of each power receiving;
4) Example: The maximum POE output power of a 24-port Gigabit POE Switch for wireless APs is 380W, and the maximum power of each AP is 12W. Then the switch can have AP number = 380/12=31.6, which can be fully loaded with AP.
5) Consider the number of floors or partition points to choose different port type switches: 8 ports / 16 ports / 24 ports / 48 ports.
2. Convergence layer
1) Select the aggregation point according to the number of access switches and the distribution area
2) Each aggregation point selects the aggregation switch whose switching capacity meets the requirements according to the required bandwidth of the downlink service.
3) For example, if an office building has 5 aggregation points, 5 aggregation switches are needed. There are 500 points under each convergence point, each point requires a bandwidth of 5 Mbps, and the switching capacity of the switch must be ≥ 2500 Mbps. This switch needs to do Gigabit link bundling or 10 Gigabit uplink.
3. Core (core switch, AC controller, security device, management platform)
1) Select the core switch (box or box) according to the number of aggregation switches.
2) According to the bandwidth requirements of all services, select the switching capacity and forwarding rate to meet the demand.
3) For the frame POE switch, you can choose 24-port or 48-port optical, electrical card or 10Gb card.
4) Because of the WIFI, AC+FIT AP mode is usually adopted, and the core controller needs to be equipped with an AC controller. The AC controller must meet the management of the number of APs required, and whether it needs to support WeChat, SMS, etc.
5) The security device mainly considers the throughput, the number of new connections per second, and selects different firewalls as the egress gateway according to the number of simultaneous online users on the internal and external networks.
6) In order to be able to finely identify and control the network community, P2P/IM bandwidth abuse, online games, stock trading, network multimedia, illegal website access, etc., it is necessary to increase the online behavior management device.
7) In order to protect the internal network system security and prevent attacks from the external network, consider adding intrusion prevention detection equipment.
8) For the convenience of maintenance, it is necessary to consider the addition of the network management platform to monitor, manage, and ensure the stable operation of the entire network.